This project is read-only.

Tasks to Printer

Feb 7, 2012 at 1:04 PM

For me it would be very nice if we could print out our work items (tasks, product backlog tems, bugs, test cases and so on) to a physical printer in the same way TaskCardCreator does. Unfortunatly TaskCardCreator is limited to certain process templates. So in our case it doesn't work. Want to put the printouts to a whiteboard in our room.

Aug 1, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I also have this requirement and have not found a suitable solution. It would be a nice addition to the tool to print out work items to a physical printer.

Coordinator
Feb 1, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Interesting idea. I'm currently looking at ways to fund the creation of TFS Workbench V3 (for TFS 2012). This could be a good candidate for that backlog.
Apr 17, 2013 at 8:25 PM
We utilized Excels Label printing features to print to what we call sticky sheets. I've got a template that shows where to stick they sticky notes and which direction to feed them into a dedicated printer. Now teams can print hundreds of tasks with a few easy steps and it only takes a couple minutes. This saves a lot of hours every sprint. We still write out the one-offs and User Stories but all our TFS tasks can be printed. Only painful part is that someone has to re-stick the sticky templates after each sprint. Sticky note accuracy hasn't proven to be an issue at all so you can go pretty quick. Good job for office adminis or bad interns.

The alternative was that people were printing with color ink to make yellow squares and then cutting them out and using tape on our whiteboards. Terrible all around.